5 Reasons to Play at Lady Bird
The Lady Bird Johnson Golf Course is one of Fredericksburg’s hidden gems- located just a few miles from Main Street.
- A New Lady Bird. Following a nearly $2 Million renovation, Lady Bird Golf Course is quickly becoming one of Texas’ favorite public courses. Lady Bird Golf Course now boasts all new greens with tour-quality Champion Bermuda grass, re-contoured fairways, new concrete cart paths, new carts and a new set of tees. The 18-hole, par 71, 6,686 course is open seven days a week (opens at Noon on Mondays), bringing great golf to the Texas Hill Country.
- Affordable Green Fees. Although it doesn’t play like a “typical municipal course,” Lady Bird is in fact a municipal course- which means low green fees! Out-of-county rates begin at just $45, with special discounts for seniors and Gillespie County residents. The course also offers special rates for 9 holes and twilight golf. Cart rentals are only $13.
- Red Bird Grill. Chicken Fried Steak, Brisket and Crispy Tacos are just a few of the local favorites that won’t disappoint. The Red Bird Grill serves up the full menu Tuesdays through Sundays from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. From 2:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. the Red Bird Grill is the perfect place to grab snacks and a cold drink (including local beer and wine) while watching the big screen.
- Knowledgeable & Friendly Staff. The Lady Bird Johnson Golf Course is staffed with friendly folks that love the game of golf. From experienced golf professionals like Alan Wooley, PGA, to the knowledgeable golf shop staff, everyone at Lady Bird is committed to making your day of golf great!
- Fredericksburg is at your fingertips. After you’ve played a round (or two), head to any of Fredericksburg’s wineries or breweries for a little celebration! Of course there are plenty of places to kick your feet up for the night- pick from more than 400 B&Bs and guesthouses or any of the local hotels/motels and enjoy a relaxing evening in “the Burg.”