If you didn’t know I am a golf geek! Over the years I have read many books on the subject. In no particular order here are my favorites and a comment or two about a few.
“The Match” by Mark Frost
• A really nice read about Hogan, Nelson, Venturi and Ward playing at Cypress Point.
“The Dogged Victims of their Inexorable Fate” by Dan Jenkins
• Maybe the funniest golf book ever written.
“Quantum Golf” by James Nissan
• The best mental game book disguised as a fun fictional read.
“Golf in the Kingdom” by Michael Murphy
• The classic mystical side of the game book.
“Golf is not a Game of Perfect” by Bob Rotella
• A real gem about how to think your way around a course.
“The Little Red Book” by Harvey Penick
• Harvey was a genius teacher and his simple methods are timeless.
“Seven Days in Utopia” by David Cook
• Johnny teaches like I wish I could teach.
“How to Perfect your Golf Swing” by Jimmy Ballard
• The easiest to understand instruction book ever written.